Sunday, September 8, 2013

The day that I realized that Portlandia was making fun of me.

So as you all know, my husband John is home. We decided to have an us day today. Here is what we did:


  • Went to brunch at Cafe Niche. I had the Marionberry Caribbean Pancakes. He had the Mushroom Omelette with microgreens. We each took a picture with our smart phones of how pretty our table looked looked against the rain on the window glass. I got in the way of his photo. He got annoyed at me. 
  • Went to the urban flea market. Forgot to get cash. Paid $1 for a skein of handpainted yarn at a booth. Since I didn't have cash, she was going to just give me the skein. I insisted on paying for it and paying the fees for her square transaction.

  • Took pictures of interesting tree bark. 

  • Went to a tattoo shop to talk to an artist about cover-up work for my husband. Seriously considered a rockabilly knitting tattoo for myself. 

  • Dropped by REI to price cold weather gear, also stopped by the thrift shop. Found the cold weather gear he was looking for at a major discount and a retro Samsonite carry on bag that I intend to eBay to pay for the artisan wool with which I will be knitting my winter coat.
     

  • Bought groceries at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. 
Tonight, we will be eating homemade vegan Indian food on our porch. I will take smartphone photos of the food while wearing an ironic t-shirt referencing 1990's hip-hop music. 

Yeah. It's like that. 

3 comments:

  1. I hope this doesn't sound weird, but I found your blog on ravelry and we deeefinitely are from the same area.

    But this is still awesome!

    If you are down for knitting groups, there's a cool on at Sam Weller's Bookworks. I can't go this semester, but it'd be worth checking out their website.

    Keep writing! Definitely gonna keep following you. :)

    ReplyDelete