Monday, September 16, 2013

Long, Awesome Week

It's been a busy week. The husband was home. We had a fun week and spent his birthday at the state fair, which was always where he sent his birthday when he was a child. As he found out, the fair was so much bigger when he was a little guy. It didn't stop him from having a good time, though.


Is it even possible to have a bad time while petting sheep?


Just trying not to think too hard on the amount of bacteria on that thing the he just put his OPEN MOUTH onto. shudder.


My smaller boy (in age only, the kid is freaking huge) had a good time too, and even though he was only up for a couple of rides, he was a good sport about walking around the entire place 2 or 3 times.


John went back to work just a couple days after this. I spent an entire day catching up on homework and then I did two awesome things.


  1. I started working again. I know this doesn't sound awesome, but I started working at a yarn shop. THIS IS MY DREAM JOB. Seriously. I get paid to talk to people about yarn, sell them yarn, and when there isn't anyone to talk to, I get paid to fondle yarn and read patterns to my hearts content. In addition, I get to go into the basement. This sound creepy, until you find that it is a clean, well lit basement, FULL OF YARN. The first time I saw it, I may have gotten a bit verklempt and exclaimed in a weepy voice, "I love yarn!" Maybe. You can never prove it. If you'd like to come visit me at work sometime, I'll be at The Needlepoint Joint on Fridays and Saturdays. You'll love it. You'll buy yarn. This is a good thing. 
  2. I went to opening weekend of the Utah Symphony. My music class drives me crazy. (All online learning drives me crazy.) What doesn't drive me crazy is a season pass to the Symphony AND Opera for $49. I've missed Abravanel Hall so much. It's just as beautiful as it ever was. 


So that catches you up on what I've been up to, and provides proof that I haven't just been slacking off at updating the blog. I know that you were thinking and you can just stop it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment